Chris Cuomo said Americans deserve the truth about the COVID-19 infection after President Donald Trump admitted on Tuesday that he had glossed over the extent of the problem.
Asked about his consistent efforts to downplay the coronavirus threat earlier this year, Trump claimed he knew the risk all along, but was trying not to cause havoc.
“I’m a cheerleader for this country,” Trump said. “I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else… I’m not gonna go out and start screaming, ‘This could happen, this could happen.’”
Cuomo, who is suffering from the infection, wasn’t buying it.
“That’s exactly what leadership is,” the CNN host said. “Anybody can tell people what they want to hear and make it easy. And then you know what you get? Exactly where we are right now. That was the most asinine statement of leadership I have ever heard.”
Cuomo said the president was trying to “bullshit” Americans at a time when they need the truth.
“We’ve got to do better than that. This president must do better than that,” he said.
See more of his monologue below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- What to do if you can’t pay rent now
- How to switch off from work when home is your office
- 8 sleep tips if coronavirus anxiety is keeping you up at night
- How long does coronavirus live in the air?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article