- You can manage devices on HBO Max to use any number of devices and web browsers with the streaming platform, but you can only stream on up to three devices at once.
- You can review and remove devices you're no longer using from the list of devices on both the mobile app and a browser on your computer.
- If you want to prevent a device from using HBO Max in the future, change your password before you sign it out.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
HBO Max keeps track of all the devices, including phones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming devices, that you use with the service. And while it doesn't track computers, it does remember which web browsers you have used to stream its library content.
You can review the list of devices that have used your HBO Max account and sign out of any that you no longer need.
If you suspect someone is using your HBO Max service without your permission, you should change your password in your account settings before you sign out.
Here's how to manage your devices linked to HBO Max.
How to manage devices on HBO Max using a mobile device
1. Start the HBO Max app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap your profile icon in the lower right corner.
3. You need to be using an adult profile, so if the current profile is for a child, tap "Switch Profiles" and choose an adult, then tap the profile icon again.
4. Select the Settings icon, shaped like a gear, in the upper left corner.
5. Choose "Manage Devices."
6. To remove a device from the list, tap the "X" to its right.
7. To sign out of all devices, tap "Sign All Devices Out."
How to manage devices on HBO Max using a computer
1. Open HBOMax.com in a web browser.
2. Click your profile icon in the upper right corner.
3. You need to be using an adult profile, so if the current profile is for a child, click "Switch Profiles" and choose an adult. Then select the profile icon again.
4. Select "Manage Devices."
5. You'll see a list of devices. To remove one, click "Sign Out."
6. To sign out of all devices, click "Sign All Devices Out."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Here's how many people can watch HBO Max at once — and how it compares to competitors
How to add a profile to your HBO Max account, including 'Kid' profiles with parental controls
How to clear your cache on HBO Max to help the service run more efficiently and fix playback issues
How to download HBO Max movies and shows onto your phone or tablet to watch when you're without internet
How to change your payment method on HBO Max, no matter how you signed up for it
Source: Read Full Article