DETAILS of eight secretive WhatsApp updates have been revealed online – and they'll change your app forever.
The app is constantly being upgraded with new features, and several exciting tweaks are on the way.
WhatsApp usually tests its updates in a "beta" app first.
This means we often hear about new features before they make it to the live version of WhatsApp.
That's usually thanks to WABetaInfo, a special blog that digs into the beta to uncover its secrets.
This time around, WhatsApp is adding a new picture-in-picture mode for video calls, as well as a handy search function.
Read More on The Sun
Inside abandoned station as pics reveal buildings and lorry frozen in time
I opened Christmas presents my husband bought early & hate every single one
WhatsApp changes revealed
Here are some of the biggest updates on the cards…
- WhatsApp preparing to announce WhatsApp for tablets
- WhatsApp letting you add Android phones as a companion device
- A new picture-in-picture mode for video calls on iOS
- The ability to search for messages by date on iOS
- A new update on App Store that lets you forward images, videos, GIFs and documents with a caption
- More priority to name over phone number within chat bubbles on Android
- An additional shortcut to disappearing messages on Android
- A future update with 21 new emojis on Android
Sadly we can't say exactly when all of these features will land on the live version of WhatsApp.
Most read in Tech
Grocery robots unable to reach destinations – because they can't cross the road
People are just realising what the mysterious logos on your TV mean
Creepy iPhone list reveals the apps listening to you through your microphone
Twisted social media posts by depraved murderer are still online
If you want to try WhatsApp features before everyone else, follow our guide on joining the beta below.
How to get WhatsApp beta
To download WhatsApp beta for your smartphone you need to go to Google Play on your Android and search for WhatsApp.
Scroll down the page until you see "Become a Beta Tester".
Tap the "I'm In" button and then click "Join" to confirm.
Now all you have to do is wait for the update to the beta version of the app.
Read more on WhatsApp
WhatsApp issues vital advice to all 2billion users – ignoring it could cost you
Huge WhatsApp update changes how you send texts forever – check your phone now
Joining the WhatsApp beta on iOS is more difficult, and has limited capacity.
Follow Apple’s guide here.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article